- England defeated Australia in 4th test by an innings and 157 runs which helped them to retain the Ashes Urn for the first time in 24 years.
- Spain continued their Euro 2008 form and went on to win their first ever FIFA World Cup title.
- Sachin Tendulkar became the first cricketer to score double century in One Day Internationals when he remained unbeaten at 200 against Proteas in February.
- Sebastian Vettel became the youngest ever World Champion in F1 and he helped Red Bull Racing winning their Constructors' Championship too.
- 2010 has been a good year for Indian athlets as India finished 2nd in Commonwealth table only behind Australia by winning 38 gold medals. Indians' total medal tally stood at 101.
- An Ugly battle between BCCI and Lalit Modi resulted in later being sacked as IPL Commissioner.
- Indian Badminton star Saina Nehwal reached her career high 2nd rank in the year 2010.
- Spot Fixing scandal that shook the cricketing world. It ultimately resulted in ICC banning 3 Pakistan players Butt, Asif and Amir.
- Controversies that surrounded Commonwealth Games like using child labours, preparation delays, poor ticket sales and attendance, racism allegations etc..
- And yes... The Vuvuzelas and waka wakas that gained lot of attention during 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Jan 1, 2011
Dec 31, 2010
Its official. Airtel, Country's largest mobile service provider has announced an increase in mobile internet browsing charges on its mobile office service. The service provider has more than doubled the browsing charges from 30p/50 KB to 30p/20 KB. Even airtel's own WAP portal AIRTEL LIVE which was free of charge till now, will be charged at the rate of 30p/20 KB w.e.f 12/28/2010 means that airtel users can no longer access facebook for free. Airtel's move has come as a surprise to its users. It is to be noted that state-owned BSNL is offering 3G data services at a cheaper price. I would strongly recommend ppl to go for BSNL 3G instead of sticking with airtel 2G. Looks like airtel is heading in a wrong direction.